PowerPoint course designed to complement access platform training delievered by a qualified instructor.
This PowerPoint course is suitable for training on mobile and static boom and scissor type machines.
The course is made up of a disc featuring the presentation slides and a course manual. The manual includes copies of each slide with space for instructors to write their own notes below and practical guidance to help in the running of the course. A HASP key is also provided, used to decrypt the course material and ensure it can only be accessed by the user. The course comes in a presentation folder for storage.
The course covers the following topics:
- Legal requirements associated with access platforms
- Access platform safety
- Types of access platforms
- The use of access platforms
- Incorrect uses of access platforms
- Safety harness and lanyards
- Suspension trauma
- Rescue plan
- Access platform pre-use checks
- Setting up the access platform
- Operating envelope
- Wind speed
- Use of access platforms near electricity lines
- Access platform power sources
- Practical training and testing